From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Stephen Roy J. Tang
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 7:54 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] ItemEditors and ItemRenderers (was Re: Datagrid
tab order?)

thanks. I appreciate the replies esp. since I can't provide my app's
sample code here so I guess it's difficult for others to figure out.

I guess the problem is I tried to avoid using itemEditors entirely and
used itemRenderers instead, so now the tab order is all messed up and
doesn't scroll.

I'm going to try using itemEditors again. However, the main problem
there is that I want to render the column as a checkbox and have it
editable as a checkbox also. So I'll do the ff:
1. set itemRenderer=checkbox and itemEditor=checkbox.
2. set tabEnabled=false for the checkbox itemRenderer; this is so that
the itemRenderers don't screw up the tab order
Under the above setup, the tab order seems correct.

The only issue with the above that I'm not sure how to support is that
visually the column is a checkbox, but requires the user to click
twice on the checkbox to toggle the value (once to enable edit mode,
second time to actually edit). Is there any way to avoid this? Most of
the examples of using checkbox as an itemEditor seem to use static
text as the renderer.