Hello,

I am new to the list and sorry if this is a repeat question!

I am wondering about the recommended 'best practice' on the use of web
services in an enterprise Flex (2) application.  Looking around I
found the Kiwi project which seems to suggest that (with proper use of
Cairngorm) the View (mxml file) never needs to call a web service.
Rather these should be delegated to the server side.  While that makes
sense to me, I was wondering if this was now widely considered
acceptable.

For our application, a very related question is how to handle
Authentication.  Not how to 'do' authentication, but how securely
manage it.  More directly related to the above web service discussion,
so if I am only calling web services from the Server, but those web
services require a User to be authenticated first, what is the best
practice?

Thanks for any discussion or pointers to previous ones.