  From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of mark
goldin
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 9:46 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] ComboBox ItemRenderer

        Yes,
    listData.owner does point to the DG in my change event handler. But when I

    trace(listData.owner.dataProvider) expecting to see an XML data (and that's
what I want) I get a compiling error, if I say proceed trace will show DG but
not its data. What am I doing wrong?

    Tracy Spratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

            If a renderer implements the IDropInListItemRenderer interface, and
most controls, like ComboBox do, then it can access listData() as Dominique’s
code shows.

    Then, the listData.owner property does point to the DG.  Note the casting
in Dominique’s example.

    Tracy