Flex CF Project setup:
http://muzakdeezign.com/flex2/cf_project/snap01.jpg
http://muzakdeezign.com/flex2/cf_project/snap02.jpg
http://muzakdeezign.com/flex2/cf_project/snap03.jpg

Flex Project setup - CF enabled:
http://muzakdeezign.com/flex2/cf_project/snap04.jpg
http://muzakdeezign.com/flex2/cf_project/snap05.jpg
http://muzakdeezign.com/flex2/cf_project/snap06.jpg

Note that drive E:\ is a local drive and all my projects are stored under
E:\flex2\, drives P:\ and S:\ are mapped drives (each
pointing to a different network server).

Note that in snapshot 6, the output folder points to: S:\twylah, which is not
under the server root.
The server root is: S:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\.
S:\twylah is added as a mapped folder in CF so it can be reached in a browser
as http://muzakserver:8300/twylah/.

The services-config.xml in snap05 does not point to the default
services-config.xml (which comes with CF), it is a copy placed in
the output folder (S:\twylah), but can be placed anywhere (for instance the
local flex project folder would do as well ->
E:\flex2\twylah).

In my case, the default services-config.xml is located at:
S:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war\WEB-INF\flex\services-config.xml

Let me know if this doesn't make any sense ;-)

regards,
Muzak