i believe it would be best to create some url encoding parameters in the php
page that is there. If you send a no parameters which are used in other
applications currently. it would open the popup.. but sending a specific url
encoded parameter from flex .. can make it stop..

jus an idea.. no clue if u can edit ur php page or not.

regards,
varun