From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ben.clinkinbeard
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:28 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Seriously, what is the 'right' way to do
default styles?

Hehe, thanks for the reply Gordon. I wasn't referring to design view
problems as I don't use it either. I was referring to the fact that it
seems you are required to put a global selector in your defaults.css
that includes styles for an untold number of components if you want
the SWC to be compatible with Flex 2.x. as described here:
trying to use the defaults.css from my SWC to style the whole app?

I am not trying to create a whole new theme or anything, I just want
the styles for my component included, so I don't want to compile
repeatedly until I figure out exactly what has to be in my global
selector.

As for examples in the framework, I've had a hard time finding ones
that map to my scenario well as most of the style names specified in
other style selectors simply get applied to a subcomponent. I would be
more than happy to follow your lead if you can point me to some good
examples to reference.

Thanks,
Ben