I believe we're making some last-minute tweaks to how Flex 3 works with
graphical skins.  I believe we examine the scale9 rectangle.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ben.clinkinbeard
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:35 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Seriously, what is the 'right' way to do
default styles?

OK, I am soooooo close. I think the only remaining compatibility issue
is that Flex 3 seems to auto-size a Button to match the dimensions of
its skin (very handy) but Flex 2 doesn't. I would like to avoid
setting the sizes of my default buttons because that will make things
much harder to restyle and makes runtime style switching a pretty huge
pain. If I don't provide sizes though, the Buttons look wonky in Flex 2.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to detect the dimensions of a
graphical skin?

Thanks,
Ben