thanks Manish,
But in which function shall i do that??
In measure(), in updateDisplayList () or commitProperty().....
and ..... also the height of the textArea should affect the row height in
list...
so i also need to do....something like this

this.height = messageTxt.heigt+messageTxt.y

how can i achieve this... are there any samples like this.. in sample given
by Alex i could not find anything which addresses this problem.