From: brad.bueche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Embedding String Variable in dataprovider name
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:40:25 -0000

Really what I need to be able to do is insert the variable name in this:

dataProvider="{chartXML2.lastResult.month.day}"

I need to replace the "month" with a string variable name (i.e public
var monthName = "January";)

I also need to do the same for the categoryfield as it will not let me
do categoryfield=$String.

In PHP this is incredibly easy to do. You just say blah=$string . In
fact, in PHP you can embed variable names everywhere. Its very
powerful. For instance, in php, for the dataprovider issue above, i'd
just do

dataProvider="{chartXML2.lastResult.$StringName.day}"

and it'd work just fine. Whats the syntax for doing this in Flex?