Hi Madhu,
the best thing to do in my opinion is to put your date mask in your resource
bundle and change it to whatever you'd like to use for each locale.

I blog a bit about I18N in flex3 a little while back ..

http://www.jmpj.net/jason/index.cfm/2007/12/19/I18n-in-Flex-3--pros-and-cons

Hope this helps.

--
Jason Sheedy