doesnt firefox have a memoryleak problem to begin with, try IE and see if you
get the same results

----- Original Message ----
From: lytvynyuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 6, 2008 8:04:54 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Memory allocations problems when intensively using charts
and modules

I having really serious troubles with my application when using
charts. My application collects lots of data in pseudo realtime (poll
for data every 5 sec) and display charts and graphs. Everything works
fine but with time memory allocated by Firefox process getting
enormous and Firefox eventually dying. When I used profiler to see
memory allocation, I noticed that I have megabytes of UTextField
objects allocated, also ChartLabels. Definitely all these object
wasn't GCed properly!

Another problem loading and unloading modules. After each load Firefox
allocates another 4-8M of memory and never comes back, even if I do
unload ! But in same time profiles shows 0 instances of modules which
was loaded. Whats is going on there?

Just to be clear:

I always do destroy event listeners, do not use static classes, always
cleaning up arrays via ramoveAll(); I assign modules instances ans
well as arrays to NULL when they not needed.

What else I need to do?

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs