sorry if I bother you, but tell me this more in detail.

Regards,

Gustavo
On Mar 20, 2008, at 5:44 PM, Tracy Spratt wrote:

When you declare a variable inside a function it is only available within that function. You need to declare myTT in the instance scope, that is, not in a function, and then assign the value inside the function.

Tracy

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gustavo Duenas
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:59 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] again tool tips

Ok, I've just resolved the problem of the found or missing package.

now I have this problem, I've been trying to set the tooltip but so far it says that It cannot acces the undefined property myTT, which is on the <script>

Help me out, I know I've been missing something but I can't figured it out.

///this is the code of my repeater

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:VBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; width="309" height="196" verticalScrollPolicy="off" >

<mx:Script>

        <![CDATA[

            import mx.events.*;

           import myComponents.*;

            private function createTip(s:String):CustomToolTip{

var myTT:ImageToolTip = new ImageToolTip();// I though myTT was defined...help me!!:|

                myTT.myImage=s;

                s="{data.image}";

                return myTT;

            }

        ]]>

    </mx:Script>

<mx:Style>

              .imageStyle{

                     align:"center";

              }

       </mx:Style>

<mx:Text text="{data.client}" fontSize="16" fontWeight="bold" fontStyle="italic" color="#2E2A2A" textAlign="center" width="237"/>

<mx:Image id="imag" source="{data.image}" scaleContent= "false" autoLoad="true" styleName="imageStyle" toolTip="" toolTipCreate="event.toolTip=this.createTip(myTT.text)"/> // this is the part of the problem//

//this is the message// Id 1120: Access of undefined property myTT.

</mx:VBox>