Josh,

Yes I actually have.  I haven't tried it yet, but I believe if I
initialize the list with a fixed number of entries the X axis delta
will remain constant which is required by my application. The only
thing that I have not figured out is how to efficiently shift the
elements of the array without triggering lots of garbage collections.
 In the Java world I would use a linked list implementation of a
collection. I just need to figure out what that same implementation
looks like in ActionScript.  Thanks for your your response.

Jim