I've created a programmatic border skin that extends 'Border', but
something seems a little off. I override the get borderMetrics
function to return the EdgeMetrics object representing how large my
custom border is, and I override updateDisplayList to draw the border.
That's pretty much all this is in my skin class.

When I use this skin on a container of some sort like a VBox, if I
view the borderMetrics property of the VBox, it is all 0s, and the
VBox doesn't seem to be taking the borderMetrics of its borderSkin
property into account.

Let's say the right side of my skin needs 20 pixels. The VBox contents
seem to be drawn over my border skin instead of stopping 20 pixels
before the width of the container to allow for the skin.

Did I miss something? This is the first time I've written a
programmatic borderSkin.