I probably do a little more work in views than other people. Our commands
have a great deal of logic but most of that is for client/server
communication. We have a fairly large application where most of the model
data is shared. In my case it really doesn't make sense to have an event and
a command for filtering the data since that filter will be unique to each
view and what the user has chosen from a few filtering combox and a search
box. It's also not making a trip to the server, so the "change" event on
those view components trigger a refresh on the views local ArrayCollection
which re-runs the data set through the filterFunction.

And also keep in mind that "copying" an AC is a little lighter weight than
it sounds since the AC is just a wrapper around the same underlying array.
None of the data itself is being copied.

I make heavy use of MVC and agree with all that's being said here, but I
also try to do what seems to make the most sense in each application.