Lets say I have a Flex Component called test1.mxml and that
component has a view stack. I then create another component called
test2.mxml and I want to reference the view stack in test1.mxml, can
I do that?

The problem is I want to change states so I have a component that is
register.mxml and another one that says login.mxml.  So here I have
a veiwStack on the main application for

<Application xmlns:log="com.login.*" mxlns:reg="com.register.*">
  <mx:ViewStack id="vsApp" width="100%" height="100%">

    <mx:Canvas label="vsScreenLogin" id="vsScreenLogin">
        <log:Login x="302" y="138"/>
    </mx:Canvas>

    <mx:Canvas label="vsRegister" id="vsRegister">
        <reg:Register/>
    </mx:Canvas>

  </mx:ViewStack>

</Application>

OK, so in the login.mxml I have a button that says register and when
that is clicked I want to run this to change the state:
vsApp.selectedChild=vsScreenLogin.  I am unable to run this command
from Login.mxml because login.mxml dosnt know about the main app.
How can I pass information from a Flex component to the main
application????

Thanks for the help,
timgerr

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>