that was pretty vague. Basically what I am doing is getting an XML
feed with different URLs to assign to different panels on the home
page based on the users permissions. Each panel represents a certain
section of the site- ie: Properties, Operations, Advertising, etc etc.
so in the XML there is a node which tells where the subButton goes.
Right now I am hard coding if statements  (for example :

if(module.mainid =="operations")
Ops.addchild(module);

etc
)
my question:
is there a way to get all the IDs of the 7 or 8 panels that I am using
on the home page and use a for loop to go through them and assign the
XML module? like using the systemManager or Application.application ??
 Its just messy code and not very FLEXable to hard code the if statements.
Thanks yall