We use challenge-response authentication with our Flex app.  It's pretty
easy to implement, but for some reason it isn't done much in web
applications.  Provides for secure authentication without requiring HTTPS.

I outlined the detailed steps (with challenge-response plus storing hashed
password in db) here on the Fluorine mailing lists.

http://www.nabble.com/Protection-of-User-Password-Information-to15454614.html#a15454617

We use ASP.NET with Fluorine so session support is automatic.

HTH,

Sam

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:06 AM, timgerr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was wondering how people create a secure login system.  Do you use a
> php back end or what?  How do you handle sessions and or cookies?
>
> Thanks for the info,
> timgerr

We're Hiring! Seeking passionate Flex, C#, or C++ (RTSP, H264) developer.
Position is in the Washington D.C. metro area. Contact