Hey Bob,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Bob Wohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...] Ah well, I talked the designer into
> redesigning it. I wish I had the time on this project to just roll my own.

Do you need this scrollbar to be used on many different components? I
mean, does this scrollbar appears in lists, combo boxes, canvases,
etc. or is it just for a particular component or set of components?

Because you can always extend (not hack) scrollbar, override that
setScrollProperties and use that for that particular component you're
working on.  Remember that you can set the horizontal (or vertical)
ScrollBar property on canvases and the like to your own external
subclass.

If you don't need to monkey patch the scroll for everything, you can
use your own subclasses of scroll bar NP.

--
gabriel montagné láscaris comneno
http://rojored.com