Are there any good (preferably GUI) tools for inspecting the contents
of SWCs and SWFs. My colleague is still having no luck building the
SWC that I now have working in FlexBuilder.

I have a feeling the key is understanding what Flexbuilder does when
you designate a file (eg "src" in my layout below) as the "main"
source folder. Is there a compc equivalent, or just the -source-path
option?