You can inspect the contents of the SWC with WinRar or a similar tool. It is
just a zip-like container. Within it you will find at least 2 files:

library.swf - This swf contains all compiled information
catalog.xml - This file contains information about the contents of the swf

As for information about the swf, this is described pretty well in the
catalog.xml. If you want more information,
there are a few applications that can inspect the contents of an swf. Some
are even written in Adobe AIR.

Greetz Erik