Normally, that is a bad practice as renderers are recycled.  However, if
you must you can get to renderers in the listItems array of arrays.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of augie3333
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:09 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Extending Tree component (Getting the x and y )

Hi All,
Can someone point me in the right direction of being able to get the
specific x and y positions of an item in a tree control? I'm using
tree.contentMouseY but it is a little flaky.

I am looking for the exact cordinates(x and y) and the height and
width of the itmes rollover style box and selected style box of an
item in a tree control during user interaction.

I have been trudging through the debugger but havent been able to find
those values.

Thanks in advance for all your help,
-Augie Marcello III