I'm trying to parse a complex xml file (a log4j config file) and am
running into a number of problems:

 * Flex seems to remove all the comments from the file.  Is there any
way to prevent this?  I don't need access to them in Flex, but do want
them to be untouched.
 * I have no idea how to iterate over the items or to set xml as a
list's data provider.  The tag containing everything I need to access
is log4j:configuration, and when I try to access
xml.log4j::configuration flex complains about not having the property
log4j.

If anyone knows of good xml tutorials that would help me to grasp this
better I'd really appreciate it.  Most of the ones I've found are
basically the "hello world" of xml parsing...the few dealing with
namespaces do little to explain what they're doing.

<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/";
debug="false">
   <category name="org.apache">
      <priority value="INFO"/>
   </category>

   <!-- Limit the org.jboss.serial (jboss-serialization) to INFO as
its DEBUG is verbose -->
   <category name="org.jboss.serial">
      <priority value="INFO"/>
   </category>

   <!-- Limit the org.jgroups category to WARN as its INFO is verbose -->
   <category name="org.jgroups">
      <priority value="WARN"/>
   </category>

   <!-- Limit the jacorb category to WARN as its INFO is verbose -->
   <category name="jacorb">
      <priority value="WARN"/>
   </category>
.