You should really be copying from your XML object into a flatter AS object
first - for binding and inline editing and whatnot as the XML objects
contain *much* voodoo that can bite you. But here's a quick example using a
datagrid rather than a list. As for updating and persisting the XML object,
that exercise is left to the reader ;-)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; layout="absolute">

    <mx:XMLList id="myXML">
        <log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/";
debug="false">
            <category name="org.apache">
                <priority value="INFO"/>
            </category>
        <!-- Limit the org.jboss.serial (jboss-serialization) to INFO as
        its DEBUG is verbose -->
            <category name="org.jboss.serial">
                <priority value="INFO"/>
            </category>
        <!-- Limit the org.jgroups category to WARN as its INFO is verbose
-->
            <category name="org.jgroups">
                <priority value="WARN"/>
            </category>
        <!-- Limit the jacorb category to WARN as its INFO is verbose -->
            <category name="jacorb">
                <priority value="WARN"/>
            </category>
        </log4j:configuration>
    </mx:XMLList>

    <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[

            protected function labelFunc(item:Object,
column:DataGridColumn):String {
                return [EMAIL PROTECTED];
            }

        ]]>
    </mx:Script>

    <mx:DataGrid dataProvider="{ myXML.category }">
        <mx:columns>
            <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Name" dataField="@name"/>
            <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Priority" labelFunction="{
labelFunc }"/>
        </mx:columns>
    </mx:DataGrid>

</mx:Application>

--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."

:: Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
:: 0437 221 380 :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]