--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Rodseth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You'll see that you just need to change the locale chain of the
> resource manager. You already have a binding expression which invokes
> the resource manager.

Thanks for the reply Richard. The problem I'm facing is that not *all*
of the bindings are getting honored when I change localeChain. I
realize the recursive display invalidation is not the way to go.

Your email made me realize now that the it's my custom component
MyPanel (which extends Box and adds a bold label on top) that isn't
updating until updateDisplayList() is called. This was a deficiency in
how this component was written as Flex Text and Label controls update
fine. I wasn't accounting for these custom properties to be
programatically set since they were just hardcoded before i18n.

I changed

public var title:String;

protected var _title:String;

public function get title():String
{
  return _title;
}

public function set title(value:String):void
{
  _title = value;
  invalidateDisplayList();
}