I am not sure, if I could understand your problem correctly.
What I understood is you want to resize your components accordingly, when
your application is being resized.

To achieve this, you just define the top, bottom, left, right to every child
container.

like

<mx:Panel
        xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
        left="10" right="10" top="10" bottom="10">

cheers!!
Manu.