The short version is that I have a Directed Acyclic Graph class.  The
example code was retrieving a node from the graph.  I don't need weakKeys
because the node set is controlled.  Anything in the Dictionary that would
be eligible for collection would have necessarily already been removed from
the Dictionary.  So in the case of XML I'm now assigning a UID to an
attribute of the XML and using the value of that attribute as the key.  It
didn't give me the performance increase I was hoping for, but it is better.
If an Object were faster than a Dictionary I would switch over, but if
they're equivalent I'll keep the Dictionary to key the Class more
generalized.

- Daniel Freiman