I've actually written a generic populate() that populates a real class from
an ObjectProxy returned from WebService. It's not that hard, and that's
including some custom parsing stuff for ISO dates, and booleans that aren't
booleans in the XSD etc. I can't post it because it's part of a proprietary
codebase, but I have started work on something similar but broader and more
robust in my spare time where there's no deadlines ;-) That'll be open
source!

-J