From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of kenny14390
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:14 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Replaying an Embedding SWF

Instead of using "symbol=..." in the Embed, I tried the shorthand "#"
notation instead, but I get the same error. Perhaps the Flex app
doesn't recognize the symbol? Is there a way to access the specific
instance of the flash application in Flex?

, "kenny14390" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, the movie clip has its own timeline. It's AS3.
>
> I thought the movie clip is a symbol and I can just embed it as the
> livedocs show: "...symbol='movieClipName')]". I guess since the MC is
> the first frame of the scene, and that's the only frame of the scene,
> gotoAndPlay(1) doesn't do anything because the MC's timeline is still
> at the end. So the issue now is changing the MC timeline.
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> , "Battershall, Jeff"