If you embed the whole swf file, it will probably of type MovieClip. I am
not sure how you embed it, but once you make an instance of it, it will
remember its state. In order to get it into the start state you would have
to re-instantiate it.

Another option is to embed the swf as a ByteArray. You could then use the
loader.loadBytes method to load it. This way you can reload the swf as much
as you want.

Greetz Erik