coldfusion, but i don't think it matters- i'm trying to take an actionscript
object (the selectedItem of a datagrid) and cast it to another actionscript
object (my VO).  i suspected the mx_internal_uid property on the list item
is messing me up, it's the only property that comes into the VO from the
datagrid that the VO does not have- so i got to googling.

http://blog.smashedapples.com/2008/02/my-boring-base.html

so now i have a base VO class that all my other VO's extend, and in this
superclass I loop over properties and remove that one, and now- it all works
fine.

thanks,
d.