What if you spin it as a PR opportunity for the company, and ask to be able
to use the code you write as the basis for explanatory tutorials, without
giving away any company-specific trade secrets, and give credit to the
company for contributing the code? Could be a win-win for everyone involved.
You get to blaze the path for other eLearning developers, the client company
gets to be seen as open and contributing back to the community, they get
their name out in the blogopshere a bit with a positive spin.

But get that in writing, otherwise I'd say you'll have to do the project,
then write whatever tutorials you want to do from scratch. Depends on the
company of course and how willing they'd be to do something like that, most
large companies I've dealt with are simply too beuracratic to ever deviate
from the standard agreements the lawyers drafted up. It often doesn't matter
what your argument is, the lawyers wrote an agreement and that's the only
one they'll ever get you to sign.

Doug