All jobs I have worked in for the last 12 years have been work for
Hire, and further more there is usually an agreement I have to sign
saying anything I create while at that company they technically own.
In the US this is the norm. If you don't deal with this scenario, then
the people hiring you are not good business people and I would stay away.

Now if you have a bag of trick components that you use on developing
your projects, make sure if you need to sign some sort of agreement
that you attach a list of what are called previous inventions. I
usually list sites I run, and keep a loose definition of any work
previously developed under the guise of <insert your company name here>.

well thats my two cents

Jeff

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "flexcoderman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> your getting paid are you not?
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Amy" <amyblankenship@> wrote:
> >
> > I was recently asked to sign an agreement that would designate a Flex
> > project as "Work for Hire."  I.e. I would not retain any ownership of
> > the code I wrote for the project.  This seems to defeat the
purpose of
> > OOP, if I create a whole body of code that I can't then reuse.
How do