I need to push data to Flex clients, and I need more than 400 clients
to connect to each host. Even though I'm using BlazeDS for RPC, I was
thinking of using the XIFF XMPP library with a jabber server for
pushing data to clients, since streaming in BlazeDS uses blocking IO.
But, looking at the relevant classes in flex.messaging,
flex.messaging.endpoints, and flex.messaging.client in BlazeDS, I see
that it might not be too difficult to create a new servlet that
implements org.apache.catalina.CometProcessor and a new
BaseHTTPEndpoint subclass that can support multiple connections for
each thread. Such an implementation would be able to support over 10K
simultaneous streaming connections per host.

Is there anyone else who's working on this, or interested in working
on it? Is Adobe already on the case, making this a waste of time? Any
thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Adam