Looks to me like there's a problem with your namespaces in the bad request.
I don't know much about soap headers, but where's that "radarXML" namespace
coming from?

The SOAP code in Flex 3 is stricter than Flex 2's, so besides a couple of
bugs it behaves better than Flex 2's SOAP code, but often when migrating it
will expose problems in your WSDLs or XSDs that appear to be bugs in Flex 3.
It could be that there's something in your schema that is including the
radarXML namespace for the outer <authheader> element, but your server isn't
actually expecting that so it's complaining, and you were just lucky that
flex 2's SOAP code didn't generate the request correctly.

What's the server returning? A 500? If it's a SOAP fault, what does it say?
One of the reasons you want to use Charles is that you can see the error
codes when you get an error code from the server, whereas the browser hides
the details from the Flash Player so they never make it back into Flex,
often hiding very useful troubleshooting information.

-Josh