From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of an0one
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 6:45 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: How to compose a super tree item renderer
using TreeItemRenderer and others

Do you mean defining a subclass of TreeItemRenderer and calling
addChild() in its
constructor? Then it seems not easy to position and resize the embeded
controls intuitively.
What's worse, this subclass is of course hard to reuse.

And I just gave a simplified case. What if I want a super tree item
renderer consisting of a
ItemRendererA, a ItemRendererB, a ControlA, a ControlB, a ControlC ... ?
Don't you think it is
much more convenient and elegant to combine all these controls and
standard item
renderers in one container using mxml than to write a item renderer
subclass in AS and fill it
with all these stuffs as if it is a container? (You should notice I have
no hard logic to code
here, but just a little layout composition to build and data bindings to
make.)

Now that we have mxml as a nice layout framework, why don't we make it
better and let
developers combine all the available elements on it to build whatever
they can imagine at
will?