--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Gold" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Nevermind. Didn't find it right away because my AIR app is based off
> mx:Application and is chromeless, but I can listen for
the "closing" event
> on the main Window I spawn and cache the data there.
>
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 12:31 AM, Daniel Gold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > I'm working on an online/offline AIR app and was wondering if
there was any
> > way to detect that an AIR app is closing so I can cache my data
models? If
> > the user closes the app while online and then opens it later
offline, I'd
> > like them to have access to the last data set. I could achieve
this by
> > constantly mirroring the remote data but was hoping to avoid that
since the
> > majority of the time the users will be online and it won't be
necessary.

Even though it is tempting to use Application instead of
WindowedApplication because of the lack of documentation on how to
make WindowedApplication chromeless
(http://flexdiary.blogspot.com/2007/07/application-vs-
windowedapplication.html), if you read the first comment to this post
http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/07/air-apple-shaped-
application.html, you will see that it is actually possible to use
WindowedApplication with this in AIR as was intended.  I thing you're
probably better off using AIR as Adobe designed it if a workaround is
avaialable instead of using a hack like the wrong tag.

HTH;

Amy