The rest of the Windows I spawn in the Application are chromeless by the
methods you linked to. The reason I am using Application is because my app
doesn't have a main window, it sits in the background without a view
initially and spawns windows as notifications come in, etc. I don't consider
this a "hack", I'm simply using a lighter weight root tag because I don't
need the extended functionality of WindowedApplication at that level of the
app.