yeah I had tried that ! :)

But it doesn't work ... I thought it was the problem "this" but
clearly this doesn't work :
    flash.external.ExternalInterface.call.call(null,arguments);
doesn't work .
but
    flash.external.ExternalInterface.call.call(null,"alert","whoa");

works. So I guess we come back to the same problem... arguments passes
the args as 1 argument (an array) whereas we want to pass the each
member of the arguments array as an argument each.

Regards
Devdatta

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Josh McDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ah, you didn't say it was a static function :)
>
> Just put "null" instead of "this" and it should work.
>
> -Josh
>
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 12:36 PM, dev.bits <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Doesn't work for me .. says "this" not accessible ...
> >
> > See this code for e.g :
> > class package1.subpackage.newExternalInterface extends
> > flash.external.ExternalInterface{
> >        public static function call(methodName:String):Object{
> >                        trace("called newExternalInterface.called");
> >
> >                  return
> > flash.external.ExternalInterface.call.call(this,arguments);
> > //Compiler says this not accessible from this scope
> >                }
> >        }
> >
> > Regards
> > Devdatta
> >

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Josh McDonald" <dznuts@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Try:
> > >
> > > super.functionName.call(this, argsArray);
> > >
> > > -Josh

> > arguments ?

Groups