Hello

at certain points I am changing the selectedIndex of a combo
programmatically ( e.g. mycombo.selectedIndex = 5)

In my MXML I declared something to happen on the 'change' event:
<mx:ComboBox id="mycombo" change="vo.combovalue=mycombo.selectedItem.data"/>

When I change the selectedIndex programmatically this doesn't run. Do I have
to manually dispatch the 'change' event myself or is there a better way to
programmatically change the combo as if a user had actually changed it? (for
example, like ArrayCollection's  'itemUpdated()' method?)

Thanks