Josh,

That's one of the better explanations I've seen on the subject. It
fills the blanks left by
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=databinding_8.html.

Thanks for the contribution.

And BTW, the keyboard is a bad place to be while consuming adult
beverages, partaking in a controlled substance, or after finishing a
fight... it leaves a pretty ugly permanent mark on the post. ;)

Jeff