Thanks Tracy, much appreciated.

I found your previous post and have been reading many of the articles
referenced and am still frusterated. I thought you were harsh with
your 'execute the jerks' comment but am almost ready to join you :-).

Unfortunately, I am still getting my sandbox violation after making
the following changes:

crossdomain.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<cross-domain-policy>
  <allow-access-from domain="*"  to-ports="80,443" />
  <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" />
  <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="master-only"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

Server stub code:

Security.loadPolicyFile("http://10.0.2.30:80/crossdomain.xml";);
//Called before any socket.connect()

I can now see the the policy file is requested and returned in the
server access logs. However, error is still thrown.

Our server does make use of rewrite rules and requests get redirected
removing the port. For example when I request
http://10.0.2.30:80/crossdomain.xml, I get redirected to
http://10.0.2.30/crossdomain.xml. Not sure if that is a problem,
but...

What the heck am I doing wrong?