Don,

If you're having to create the ports every time then VSP Manager is not
setup properly. The ports should persist after being setup. Go to the
desktop icon for VSP Manager and select properties. In the Compatibility tab
make sure to select Run this program as XP and run as administrator. If you
don't use the run as administrator option it won't save the ports
permanently.

If you need to load programs in order with delays you can use a number of
3rd party programs or a simple script like this.
http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=How_To#Starting_Multiple_Programs
_using_Windows_Scripting_Host

73,
Steve K5FR

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Al
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 11:29 AM
To: [email protected]; Flex-Edge E-Mail Reflector
Subject: Re: [FlexEdge] [Flexradio] This is one that I never thought I would
say!

Don,
   I use "Startup delayer" to launch start-up things in a timed orderly 
fashion... Even use it to remove some thing that Windows starts that I 
don't need/want to start.  Works well on XP. May be short on Win7 support..

See http:\\www.r2.com.au

AL, K0VM

> Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 20:40:13 -0700
> From: "Don"<[email protected]>
> To: "Flex Radio"<[email protected]>
> Subject: [Flexradio]   This is one that I never thought I would say!
> Message-ID:<3d37015e05a54a048e71a857a44f4...@donpc>
> Content-Type: text/plain;     charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hello All
>
> Well I never thought I would say this but I need to slow down the loading
of programs.....
> Well when I start up Win 7 I have it auto load "vspMgr", "Data Decoder"
and "vcctlpan".
>
> So what happens some of the time is that Data Decoder starts loading
before vspMgr is fully setup.
> So the end result is that since some of the com ports are not set up yet,
Data Decoder see's that the
> com port is not available and does not setup properly.  It's not really a
big deal, I just close Data Decoder,
> re-run vspMgr and then Data Decoder.  But I would rather auto-load them.
>
> So does anyone know how to delay the loading about 2-3 seconds between
programs?
>
> It's been a long time but can you still create batch files for Win 7?
>
>
> Don
>    

_______________________________________________
Flexedge mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexedge_flex-radio.biz
This is the FlexRadio Systems e-mail Reflector called FlexEdge.  It is used
for posting topics related to SDR software development and experimentalist
who are using alpha and beta versions of the software.


_______________________________________________
Flexedge mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexedge_flex-radio.biz
This is the FlexRadio Systems e-mail Reflector called FlexEdge.  It is used for 
posting topics related to SDR software development and experimentalist who are 
using alpha and beta versions of the software.

Reply via email to