I spent some time this afternoon making some measurements on my 1500.
At 50.100 MHz, I get a Noise Figure of 11.4dB, +-0.3dB at the +30dB preamp setting.
At +20dB it's 14.3dB.
There is no statistical difference between the Antenna, XVTX/C & XVRX ports when selected via the Antenna form.

This compares to 7.2dB +-0.3dB with my F3000. I don't have a F5K to compare (yet).

This means I am still limited by external noise. Switching to my main antenna (6M7JHV @ 60ft) I see at least a 3dB increase in noise, worse in some directions, even at the +20dB setting. That's one of the penalties of living in an urban environment with all the rf crud.

Someone in a quieter location may benefit from a preamp.

Hope that is of some interest.

73  Alf  NU8I
Scottsdale  AZ  DM43an





_______________________________________________
Flexedge mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexedge_flex-radio.biz
This is the FlexRadio Systems e-mail Reflector called FlexEdge.  It is used for 
posting topics related to SDR software development and experimentalist who are 
using alpha and beta versions of the software.

Reply via email to