Dear Flex CW guys,
I am having a really difficult time finding zero beat.
I guess the most obvious way is to use a very narrow
filter and center the desired signal in the narrow
bandpass. But that is a lot of mousing when you are
trying to get some just discovered DX. I wonder if
anyone else would find a traditional "SPOT" button
useful? that gives you a slected level of your own
SIDETONE that you can compare to the other station
and find the match. I have been unable to do that
with the SDR. Any suggestions?

I also like the idea of a zero beat indicator
like the ones developed for the K2 and the QRP
community such as this from Jackson Harbor Press
http://jacksonharbor.home.att.net/zerobeat.htm

Or how about the magic method that Kenwood offers
in the TS-570D and the TS-2000 where it does some
sort of AUTOMATIC ZERO BEAT? does anyone have
experience with that technology?

TU de Ken N9VV