Don't forget to provide the electret capsule with a source of bias voltage.

Bill

>>> FlexRadio - Eric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/06/05 12:40PM >>>
Art,

Because of our unique interface, the real question is whether an
electret mic will work with the sound card you are using.  I know John
W5GI has used quite a number of microphones with the SDR-1000
successfully and I believe at least a few of those were electrets.

I have a regular PC mic on my desk that is fairly cheap, and it works
fine.  I have used several other PC mics with similar success.  The main
thing is to match the gain in the software properly to the microphone
and your voice.

Eric