Good Morning All,

My QRP-SDR Sampler is playing well on receive with a MDS of about -122 dBm and band coverage from about 7.032 MHz to 7.075 MHz. Bill's hack of the SDR software sure makes for a feature-rich little radio.

Maybe the "real" SDR sampler needs to be a receive only version of the QRP-SDR sampler.  A receive only version of the circuit board would be a two inch square board with a 15-pin D-connector on one edge.  The 15-pin D-connector would plug the board into the game port on the PC to get 5 VDC power to the board.  Attached to the board would be a short stereo audio cable to plug into the line-in on the sound card.  Additionally, there would be a length of RG-74 coax cable attached to the board with a BNC connector on the other end for the antenna connection.  Such a receive only version could be a $40 kit and really be a nice way to introduce people to the power of SDR.

If there is interest in such a project I would be willing to do a board and the associated kits.  Comments?

73,
Tony KB9YIG