wow.. ok now i can really see what is happening here... i had no idea the average is "really" supose to be that low...

I do not yet have a SDR, but really hoping to get one in the coming months.... I have been following stuff here and listning to TS audio stuff... this is all very exciting stuff!!

Ray J
W9RAY

Yes, this is a 100W PEP radio on SSB.  That means that the peak power will
be 100W when operated at rated power.  This is a conservative rating on the
finals.  There is a 14dB peak to average ratio on normal voice.  This means
that for a peak power output of 100W, the average power will be 1/25th or
4W.  That is the average power for an UNDISTORTED voice signal.  Your peaks
will still be 100W though.