Gary,

Try setting the Setup > Transmit [Transmit Compression] Compand slider to '0', and then engage the CPDR button on the console. It looks to me like engaging the CPDR button significantly reduces IMD, even without any Companding action. Don't know if it's supposed to work that way, or if it's an unintended 'feature', but I noticed when using a microphone that it seemed to have that effect.

73, Dale WA8SRA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Some quick comments on 1.3.13.  It certainly seems to have punch in SSB!  Wow!  Can't wait to get a good mike so I can really try it.

On the digital PSK side, I find that it is very sensitive to input drive level, unlike the previous versions.  If I overdrive the SDR, the IMD suffers, unlike before.  Also, the drive varies by band, at least between 20 and 40 meters where I tested it, unlike before when the level didn't need adjustment among bands.  Finally, the peak power output at optimum drive (sub distortion) varies by band.  After calibrating the PA, just to be sure, I then adjusted the drive to achieve what looks like the edge before IMD starts to decay.  At 20 meters, peak measures at 45 watts for a 25 watt output setting.  At 40 meters, peak measures closer to 25 watts for a 25 watt output setting.  These external measurements correspond to the values that also show on the FwdPk SDR meter.

Gary - AI4IN