John, could you possibly do a screen capture that
shows the three conditions (good, poor, and distorted)?
Ken

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Actual, according to my external monitor scope, I get a perfect pattern with modulation peaks of 70-80%. A 100% may be too high and 120% results in undesirable distortion. I personally don't care for the MIC meter nor the PEAK meter as a means of adjusting the audio levels. However... I've been using the Panadapter as a indicator- the best indicator is the skirts of the filter as seen on the display. The skirts should remain relatively stable or lift only slightly. If the skirt flattens out, you will get distortion. Compare skirt activity with both the peak output and MIC readings. Optimum performance occurs when
PEAK occurs at 100 or slightly less
MIC % is between 70-100%
Panadapter display skirt activity remains relatively stable.
The above has been verified using an external monitor scope. John W5GI